Friday, April 16, 2010

{Beacon} Bewilderment

Pin It I'm not even sure where to start. I won Beacon!!!! I know this blog post is a bit early, but I figured this is worth it! I woak up to a phone call from Shannon congratulating me on winning, I still can't believe it! Not much later I had a message from a friend at school, Marilyn, who won too!! Can you believe it, two out of the hundred are from my school and one of them is me!!!

For those of you who do not know about Beacon, it was a contest open to all cosmetology students across the nation. Who knows how many entered, only 100 are selected. I put together a photo shoot at the ranch, Cory, Chrissa & Nate modeled for me, Jeanne Tanner took the photos and we had a blast! It was a very fun experience and my very first photo shoot. I submitted the before & after shots (along with a 30 sec. commercial I will not show to anyone) and a resume. I still can't believe my name is on the list!
 The winners are shipped off to Las Vegas to attend NAHA - the North American Hairstylist Awards (pretty much the OSCARS for Hairstylists), we will get to meet our idols and network with the top salon owners from across the nation. You leave on average with 10-20 job offers from the top salons across the nation and major recognition/visibility.

Wow! I just can't believe it! I want to say thank you to everyone who supported me/helped me with this little venture. Dad, thanks for letting me use the ranch and completely monopolize your office for a whole day. Chrissa & Cory, thanks for being stunningly beautiful models and just plain out going with the flow. Nate, where do I start? Thanks for being my model, letting me do your hair & put makeup on you, spending an entire day on my commercial, putting up a last minute, makeshift studio and on I go. Wes, dear Wes, you were so determined to get off early and be there for my first photo shoot... Gosh I hope you know how much that meant to me, how much YOU mean to me. You've always believed in me and pushed me to follow my dreams, this is just proof that you knew best... hopefully I can live up to it. Jeanne, it was such a pleasure and I cannot wait to work with you again!! Your phenomenal and I owe you a phone call (this week I promise). Laura & Rick, for helping me with Chrissa's color and letting me use your chair. AND EVERYONE ELSE for believing in me.

One last time, the winning pics:

Photobucket Pin It

1 comment:

  1. Sweetheart, you never cease to amaze me, your gram who loves you so and prays for you every day!! The lay out is beautiful!!
    Thanks for sharing with me.

    ReplyDelete