Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Another Week {Gone} By

Pin It Well, goodness, where do I start?? It seems like a lot has happened in the last week, too much to keep up with. Like I said in my last blog, I finally made an appt. to see the Doc. Went in on Tuesday (or Wednesday??) and had a full physical. Keep in mind this is probably the first time I have been to a primary physician in 6 or 7 years, much less had a physical. I was really glad that I had decided to go back to this specific doctor, she took her time with me, answered all of my questions and did a full 100,000 mile service on me.... checking every little thing. The sign of a good doctor is when the doctor in question has the ability to make a hypochondriac feel like all bases were covered and she sure did that. However, given my list of ailments and the way I have been feeling for some time, she has me going in for a long list of tests. The worst part is, I won't know anything until the 22nd when I go back to see her. This of course has been weighing heavily on my mind given my genetics. Praying for health.

As most of you (at least those of you who keep up with my blog) know, Wes and I are working the Dave Ramsey TTMM program. We have been doing a great job so far, keeping our noses to the grind. We are still working on eating out less (mainly on the run, not even together....sad) and of course there have been the "oh I need that" and the "oh I want that" things. BUT we have definitely curved those habits, so as long as we are always improving, I will be happy. As part of this program, we are eliminating as much debt as possible and freeing up as much money as possible to put towards our debt. So we have decided to sell the Mazda (my beloved Carmen), buy Shirley's old VW and use the left over money to pay off some debt (not to mention the $200 a month payment that will now go towards our debt snowball). By doing this, we will have all of our credit card debt and one entire student loan paid off by the end of the year (trust me, if you know me at all, I have all the charts, graphs, spreadsheets to prove it).

So, I would like to officially announce that my 2007 Mazda 3 i-Touring is for sale. Wes and I are going to take pictures tomorrow and put them up on here and some other places (with all the details).... so if you know anyone who might be interested... send them our way. I am very sad to see Carmen go, I absolutely love that car (not to mention my emotional attachment to her) but I know that we have made the right decision and that we are on our way to being debt free!

Wes had his first day at his own store today (he is still training, but now they are at his store rather than the other manager's). He is officially at the store in the mall, it is called EB Games and is located on the second level right next to Journey's (the shoe store). Wes has his work cut out for him, this store is going to be a bit of a challenge to whip into shape. Please spread the word, if you know anyone who is into video games, send them to EB Games in the mall. They take trade-ins, have a discount program and of course offer all of the newest games and equipment. Wes has the momentous task of completely turning this store around, so of course numbers are an obvious part of that and we would be so grateful if you could encourage your friends to shop at his store.

Saturday is Nathan's 21st birthday! Of course we were all betting on who could get him the most drunk, but then he decided to be a good kid and go to a wedding that night. Oh-well. We'll get to him soon enough with some Gypsy backwoods moonshine, he won't know what hit him. I can't wait for his birthday, I can't believe he is going to be 21. Wasn't he just a little boy blowing up my Barbie houses with his GI Joe tank?? Didn't he just graduate from high school?? I miss that little guy.

Well, goodness, that's about it for the updates. I've started adding to my "Treasure Chest." It's not finished by any means, but check it out when you get a chance.

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment