Sunday, September 5, 2010

Fall {Fantasies}

Pin It I found myself overwhelmed with joy today when I walked outside. As many of you know, Fall is my favorite time of year. I look forward to it all year long. Most people who love Fall get excited when September rolls around because they consider that the beginning of their favorite season. I, on the other hand, don't get excited for Fall until I can smell it. Today, when I walked outside, I could smell Fall. It is going to come early this year.

As you can see, I have made some adjustments to the style of our blog in honor of my favorite season. :O) Hope you like it. 

As most of you know, this past week was a hard one for me, both physically and mentally. I couldn't have been happier than when I saw my husband's beautiful smiling face on Thursday. I ran up to him and jumped into his arms (momentarily overlooking the extreme pain I felt once my chest hit his.... mine being horrendously painful already and his being hard as a rock -- you can only imagine how it felt), he hugged me and kissed me and I couldn't have been happier to have my wonderful husband home in one piece.

Saturday was a lovely day. We spent the morning with Nate, had breakfast at Cronie's, watched some football and went to Barnes & Noble (my very own Disneyland) before heading over to Grandma Jensen's for a beautiful Labor Day Weekend BBQ with family and friends. What a feast! I stuffed my face which turned out to not be so great (as much as I enjoyed it) because it got my nausea going. We had a great time though and the food was delicious (as always)!

Saturday night Rick and Laura finally got home from their vacation in the Bahamas. They had a blast and said how beautiful it was, they brought us home some fun little gifts and told us all about their trip. I have to admit, it was really nice to have them back home. I was ready for my life to go back to normal. I think often times we don't realize how much someone does until they are gone. It might not have been so bad if Wes had been home or if I hadn't been so sick all last week, but it really made me realize how much it takes to upkeep a house with two dogs. I couldn't help thinking every single time I was cleaning up after the dogs that this was actually hilarious because having kids HAS to be so much more difficult than just two silly dogs. On top of that, you can't lock the kids in the backyard when they are bad or you are warn out.... or maybe you can, but I am pretty sure you are not supposed to.

Well, I am changing to a new schedule at school starting on Tuesday, it will be as follows:

Tuesday - Thursday: 1:30PM - 10PM
Friday: 1:30PM - 5PM
Saturday: 9:30AM - 5PM

This schedule will allow me to finish in half the time that it would take if I stayed in traditional night school. The best part is that I will graduate in March and can possibly even take my State Board before the baby comes, which would be such a blessing.

I am very excited that my dear friend Cherisse is finally moving home! Her husband and she have been living in North Carolina for 3 years or so now. I can't wait to see her beautiful face!! I've sure missed her!

Well, I think I got to spend time with almost all of my dear family members this week, a good week indeed (minus the nausea etc.). Thank you to everyone who has been patient with me and understanding (especially Wes who says I need to stop stating the obvious haha).

With all my love,
Nadine Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment