Monday, November 29, 2010

French Nurseries, Gingham and Bumble Bees

Pin It Sitting here, enjoying the crisp cold air, sipping some Constant Comment and watching The Secret Garden. The strange thing about this pregnancy is that it has caused me to want to relive memories from my childhood.... movies, food, places. More the perfect timing for the holidays.

So, we found out our little nugget is a girl and then what was the first thing I HAD to do? A trip to the fabric store of course! I had been struggling to imagine a girls nursery for some time and when reality hit that I was indeed going to need to imagine my daughters nursery, I figured what better place for inspiration than a store full of textiles! I had some minor ideas: french inspired this or that, bumblebees, neutral colors.... and I found the perfect fabric for nugget's room. Now the ideas are flowing and I just cannot wait to start sewing!





















Here is the McCall's pattern I will be using:


















The french bumble bee textile comes in a variety of images including a chair, a croissant, a pheasant etc. and I plan on alternating these squares with the yellow floral fabric to create the quilt and then the border will be in the gingham. The majority of the dust ruffle will be in the yellow floral with a border of gingham as well and I think I will probably make the bumper out of the yellow floral as well. I can't wait to see it complete!!

Here is what I have so far:














 

So much more to do!

So how was your Thanksgiving? Ours was busy! We had three, as usual, but they were a little more spread out this year (which definitely helped). Mom's Thanksgiving was amazing (as always) and I cooked on Saturday for my Dad's side, which absolutely exhausted me. I passed out right after dinner, slept from 7:30pm to 8:30 the next morning. Thank God for MEGAN, she helped me out SO much on Saturday. I couldn't believe how tired I was, I can only imagine how it would have been if I had done it solo like I am used to. Megan saved the day!

Friday we went up to Cate to check out where Nate and Megan would be getting married:














So pretty! I can't wait to see it all come together, it is going to be beautiful!!

I am officially half way through our pregnancy. Is that crazy or what? I posted a 4 month pic about a week ago, but if you haven't checked the baby section lately, here it is:


















I actually saw the baby push out of my belly the other morning. It was the most amazing thing. She is moving a lot, which I have fallen in love with. I wish she would never stop. It is so comforting to me when she moves, I find it calming.

Also, I have been in the middle of prepping for baby... registering and just getting a general idea of what items are best, what we want, how we want to do things, etc. We will be moving in about a month/month and a half so there is a lot to start thinking about!

Christmas is coming, are you ready?? Not sure if I am, but we are sure going to enjoy the month leading up to it. Wes and I love this time of year. Wes may feel different this year working in retail, we'll see. I've already seen Christmas lights up though, so exciting!!!

I was blessed with a wonderful gift from a friend, she literally gave me all of the baby clothes I will ever need up until 12 months. Tons and tons of the cutest outfits in the whole wide world! Now I only need 12 month clothes and on. What a blessing!

Well, I feel like I have thousands upon thousands of other things to tell you, but I can't think of any of them right now so this will have to do.

All my love!
Nadine

PS Thanks Cherisse for the comments and the beautiful gift, you know how much I love you! Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment