Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Let's Take {Bets}

Pin It Just a quickie update.

Life is good, we are patiently awaiting our little one's arrival.  I officially finished my 1600 hours at Paul Mitchell on Saturday and applied for State Board. Thank the Lord!

We've been walking every day this week. Had a doctors appointment for Sofia on Monday and our midwife walked us through what to do if we go into labor. If my water breaks (this only happens to 8% of women), I have to go straight to the hospital because I am positive for Group B Strep, that way the nurses can start me on antibiotics. If I start contracting (92% of women start labor this way), then I am supposed to labor at home until I can't talk through my contractions. This will typically be when they are less than 5 minutes apart, lasting a minute each. My midwife told us that I will know when to go to the hospital and if there is any question about it then it is probably too early.

I already feel warn out today and it is only 9:30 in the morning. That seems to be the direction things are going. I must of got up to use the restroom eight times last night and my legs were cramping up a storm. Fortunately, I seem to be fluctuating between a night of heavy sleep and a night of no sleep so that has helped me get by.

Well, everything is done and ready for our little one. Now we just have to focus on keeping the house super clean, because for some odd reason I have this fear of coming home from the hospital to a dirty house, ridiculous I know. We are getting the carpets cleaned today and then I will deep clean the house again (as you know, this never stops).

I have to remind myself to rest this week and enjoy the peace and quiet. I am not a homebody so it is hard for me to just sit around here and do nothing, but I know that is what I need to do right now. I need to soak it in before I no longer have that opportunity. Plus, I know it is important for me to save my energy for labor.

Well, maybe if it is God's plan this will be my last post before the baby comes. So in closing, I would like to say that this pregnancy has been a wonderful experience, both the good and the bad. I feel as though it gave me an entirely new outlook on the world and on those around me. I feel that it has strengthened my relationship with the mother's in my life. I feel as though it has made me more patient, more loving, more aware of every day that passes me by. It has strengthened mine and Wes's relationship and in many ways taught me to be a better wife. I have seen a side of Wes that fills my heart with such love and gratefulness as I have never felt before.  This pregnancy has made me very aware of who I want in our life and who is probably not good for our life. It has given me an entirely new view of the human body, it's capabilities and it's miraculous nature. I am much more comfortable in my own skin and in awe of the realization of my mental and physical capabilities. It has brought me closer to God and opened my eyes in a way I never thought possible. I am so grateful for this experience and the joy it has brought to Wes and I. God truly is good.

All of our love, to you and yours.

Love,
N. Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment