Wednesday, May 18, 2011

{One} Month Old

Pin It
A month has passed and I have to admit I don't think a single month has ever gone faster in my entire life. If you really want to see time fly, have a baby.

 Sofia is thriving! We got off to a rocky start, with a traumatic delivery and a stay in the NICU. I have to admit, the Pediatrician and nursing staff in the NICU at CMH are just amazing. We felt really blessed to have such supportive, informative staff around us at that point in time. Sofia is doing so well, she's growing in the blink of an eye!

Wes and I were blessed with the most beautiful bundle of joy on April 9th, 2011. Sofia Belle was born at 6:34PM and weighed 7 pounds, 5 ounces and was 19 3/4" long.
 She had a check up the week before last and she already weighs 9 pounds, 8 ounces and is now 21 1/2" long. I'm guessing by now she is about 11 pounds, but we will find out at her 6 week check up this next week. I've gotten in the habit of taking weekly pictures of our beautiful little one. So since I have been on "maternity leave" from the blog, here is a glimpse at the first month of Sofia's life:



 So how has this month gone? Fast. Really fast, but its been wonderful! Granted, we've had our fair share of trials and triumphs as we conquer the "first baby" learning curve, but it really has been wonderful! Every day we learn and grow as we begin to figure out what works for each other. 

I have so much information I want to share about breastfeeding, cloth diapering, my top list of baby necessities etc., so make sure you check back often, this blog is going to be baby central for quite a while! Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment