Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Shingletown {Here} We Come!

Pin It We are leaving for Shingletown in a day and I am super excited! We drive up north every May to visit my cousins, which has always been a fun road trip and one that we look forward to. We have our regular stops along the way and we look forward to those as much as actually getting there.

I know what you are thinking.... drive.... road trip..... infant. This is typically a nine, yes NINE, hour drive. We have decided that having a baby should not make us hermits and therefore we are determined to continue our yearly tradition, 6 week old in tow.

I've come up with a game plan, hopefully it works. We will already have to stop for gas and food etc., so Sofia will have plenty of "get out and stretch" opportunities. She already sleeps most of the day anyways, so I am using this to my advantage. I plan on pumping and bottle feeding her (I have an adapter for my pump), but she eats every 3 1/2 to 4 hours at this point, so it shouldn't be too complicated. The biggest hurdle will be to keep her occupied when she is wide awake and stuck in a car seat (hoping her wide awake periods line up nicely with our stop schedule, but I know this is asking for a lot). Fortunately, she isn't capable of too much movement at this point, so it's mainly mental stimulation she requires and I think I can pull that off with colorful toys, rattles and good old fashioned mommy sounds.

I'm really looking forward to this trip, just getting away from the house for a couple of days will be huge in my book. I think the most interesting part is going to be the realization of how much one little baby requires for 3 days away from home, yikes!

Well, wish us luck! My next post will be all about it!

Love,
N. Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment