Friday, September 9, 2011

Baby Wise Diary - Day 5: Bumps in the Road

Pin It
Phew. The good, the bad and the, well, really bad.

Okay, I will preface this post by saying that last night was good. It was a definite improvement. I stayed strong and I followed through on the dream feed, which went well. She stayed asleep, ate and continued to sleep just as planned.

I didn't make to 10PM. I now realize that if I am going to be successful at this whole dream feed thing, it needs to be at a time that I can handle (given my utter exhaustion). So I lasted until 9:45PM. I think that I am going to move the dream feed to 9:30PM, which will be much more reasonable for me.

So did it make a difference? I would say yes. First of all, she didn't wake up at 10:50 last night. In fact, she lasted until 1:20AM. Better. Definitely better.

She woke again after that at 3:50AM, so 2 hours and 30 minutes later. Ugh. Except that she has always woken around 4AM for a feeding, even when she was sleeping 8+ hours straight. So maybe waking at 4ish is habit?

She also woke about an hour or so after that and cried/fussed. I left her alone and she fell back asleep and slept until I woke her at 7:30AM. So there was definitely negatives and positives to last night. 

Now for today.... ugh. I first noticed a problem when I put her down for her morning nap (falling asleep for naps is the one area where I have seen major improvement) and she cried hysterically for over an hour. In fact, she didn't take a nap at all. From what I've read, the morning nap sets the stage for the entire day and well, that it did. After that, everything was messed up, her schedule was off, she napped for maybe 30 minutes on her second nap (after crying for 30 minutes before falling asleep). Finally, on her third nap I ended up putting her down early (she was exhausted, as expected) and she slept an hour, but only an hour.

So, today was probably the worst day we've had since starting Baby Wise. I will say that she has been a little bit constipated, so perhaps that is the culprit. I'm going to get some apple juice in her in the morning and see if we can clear up the constipation and then maybe we can go back to making improvements...

Praying for a better day tomorrow (and a better night tonight, for that matter).

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment