Monday, September 12, 2011

Baby Wise Diary - Day 8: A Success!

Pin It
 
So today went like this:

*Schedule
*What actually happened

7:30AM (7:00AM): Wake
7:30AM (7:30AM): Nurse & Solids
8AM - 10AM (8AM - 9AM) : Play!
10AM - 11:30AM (9AM - 10AM) : Nap
10AM - 11:30AM: Play


11:30AM (11:30AM): Nurse & Solids
12PM - 2PM (12PM - 1:15PM): Play!
2PM - 3:30PM (1:15PM - 2:45PM): Nap
2:45PM - 3:30 PM: Play

3:30PM (3:30PM): Nurse & Solids
4PM - 7PM (4PM - 5PM): Play!
5PM - 5:20PM: Nap
7PM (7PM): Bedtime Routine - Bath, Massage & PJ's, Nurse, Story, Pray & Bed7:30PM - In bed ASLEEP

And honestly, it went really well. I fed her strictly on schedule and put her down for a nap based on a combination of cues and the knowledge that she tires after almost exactly 2 hours. It worked really well. Every time I put her down for a nap, she either fell right asleep or played quietly in her crib and then fell asleep. I am so proud of her. 

I am going to continue using this method of sticking strictly to feeding every four hours and putting her down for a nap based on cues. Once she starts sleeping more at night and acclimates to her new feeding schedule, I think the target nap/wake times will follow suit. I am still making sure that she follows the eat, play, sleep cycle and have completely removed all sleep props. I've also noticed that she shows hunger cues at about the 3 hour mark, but if I keep her sufficiently sidetracked and we successfully get over the 3 hour hump, she takes the last hour like a champ with little to no fussing. Phew.

Thank you Lord for huge steps forward! 

Our nights are still messed up, a pattern has begun to form, but she is still waking twice a night for feedings. I am still planning on her nights following her days, so my goal right now is to get the days figured out. I am telling you though, when that little girl sleeps through the night, I am going to jump for JOY.  Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment