Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Tyler Florence's Roasted Broccoli Puree

Pin It
Can I say yum??
I got a bunch of broccoli in my CSA last week, so I decided to try this recipe and I am so glad I did! 
Tyler suggests scooping some out for baby and then adding a little extra olive oil and serving to the family with pasta... I am definitely doing that next time. This was SO yummy. 

Ingredients: 
1 Whole Head Organic Broccoli
Olive Oil
Kosher Salt
Fresh Parmesan Cheese 

Preheat oven to 350 degrees and wash your hands!
Cut the head of broccoli, separating the florets from the stalk. You can also use the part of the stalk that is still edible, cutting it into small pieces. Spread evenly across a roasting pan. 
Drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle with salt. 
Roast for 15 minutes, check for tenderness, if necessary roast for an additional 5 minutes.

Transfer the roasted broccoli to your food processor.
 I found that I needed to add a bit extra olive oil and even some purified water to get the broccoli to the consistency I wanted. Puree to your desired consistency.
Add about a tablespoon of freshly grated Parmesan cheese, puree to mix.
Yummy!  
Here is the point where you can scoop some out for baby and turn the rest into a yummy pasta sauce by adding more olive oil. 
So good!


Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment