Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Catch Up and Stretch Up

Pin It Okay, so we have a little catching up to do. A lot has happened in the last two weeks. First off, Sofia is pretty much back to normal, or so it seems. We have a doctors appointment on Friday to check her lungs and make sure her ear infections have fully cleared. She has finished her antibiotics and we stopped giving her the crazy baby crack (aka Albuterol) as soon as we could because I just really don't want her on that stuff. I really don't want her on anything, but an infection is an infection and obviously antibiotics were necessary. So our sweet little angel is back, full of life, smiles and determination. Yay. I'm curious, however, about her ears. I have seen her poking at them off an on recently (am hoping it's just her hair tickling her ear and not a lingering infection). We'll find out Friday.

So remember how I posted about all the stretching? If you don't, you can read it here. I really, truly had no idea how much stretching I was in for. Stretching is a funny thing, it happens in spurts and when it happens, it really happens. I feel like most things in life are this way - which probably describes why people say things like "when it rains it pours" and "everything happens in threes." Things tend to clump together. That's okay, I'd rather get all the stretching out of the way and then get to rest for a bit. But that's just me.

I got stretched from all angles the past two weeks. Obviously I can't list all of the reasons, many are personal, but I do feel a sense of growth. Many made me realize the difference between being an adult and a child. In a good way. I feel proud of being an adult, I'm starting to see the differences. I guess this would mean I am officially becoming a woman. Maybe that's how you know, when you start to see the differences. Not just see them, but really feel them. My mom always said that you aren't a woman unless you've had a child. I don't necessarily believe this to be true in the literal sense; but I do if you take it figuratively. For instance, what my mother viewed as the difference caused by having a child could obviously be caused by many different life events as well. I just think for she and I, having children was the event that did it for us. Obviously, this doesn't affect everyone in the same way. For me, having a child changed my entire view of life. Both life in general and my life specifically. What once mattered no longer matters. I see the world in a whole new light.

So to say the least, all the stretching has exhausted me to my very core. I have been drinking more coffee than is probably good for me. I'm starting to feel like the espresso machine I got for my birthday was a completely legitimate investment at this point. It gets a lot of use from this 'ol lady.
Until next time. 




Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment