Friday, April 20, 2012

Forging Ahead

Pin It
Well, we are a little more than half way through the month of April. 
As you probably know if you follow this blog, the husband and I have been on a very intense and very determined savings plan.
It has been very hard. 
If you aren't sure what I am talking about, then click here

I can honestly say that shopping for clothes, shoes or accessories or any decor type items for that matter has not been a problem for me. Unfortunately, as I suspected, not eating out has been our biggest challenge. It's difficult because we do a lot of socializing over food and although I would love to invite everyone over for a homemade meal, our shoe box size condo makes that very difficult. Excuses, excuses, I know. I'll stop while I'm ahead. More than anything, it is probably that I just get warn out and want a break and eating out is just so enjoyable after a long day. So it's really just my own selfishness. 

However, I will say that I now walk into Target and almost feel disgusted at the over-stimulation of colors and objects and textures. I notice all of the exaggerated advertising and the strategic product placement. I didn't notice this before, before it was just a reminder of all the things I "needed." HA. Funny. I'm already starting to see all of the things we dont need rather than the things we do need.

So my thought process is changing, in a very good way. We have become more resourceful already and are having fun using things up and finding creative ways to satisfy needs with items we already have rather than buying new. 

So all that aside, we have saved $1220.00 so far this month. Which means we would like to save another $1280.00 before the end of the month. It's still a huge step forward! We only have 10 days left in the month, which means we have to save $128 a day for the next 10 days to meet our goal. Now, that seems a little daunting I will admit! 



Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment