Saturday, September 29, 2012

CBC Woman's Retreat & Sofia's First Sleep-Over

Pin It
I was very excited to go on the CBC Woman's Retreat this year, my 4th consecutive year. 
Jenny and I were joking about how I am always either pregnant or with a breastfeeding child at the Woman's Retreats now. 
I have a feeling that this will be my last woman's retreat for a while because it was especially tough leaving Sofia and I'm sure it will be doubly tough leaving 2 very small children next year. I guess if the Lord wants me there though he will indeed make sure I am there. 

These retreats are always very fruitful for me. I've had some major realizations at these retreats, I found the Lord at a woman's retreat and I've strengthened beautiful friendships at a CBC woman's retreat, so they are very near and dear to my heart. 
 
I decided I would just go up for the first night this year and stay most of the following day. Wes is on the road so I left Sofia with some close friends overnight and boy did she have the time of her life. I'm pretty sure she didn't want to leave! 
 Fortunately, my sweet friend knows how hard it is to be a Mommy and leave your childin' so there was no shortage of pictures and videos! Just what this Momma's aching heart needed. Man was I ready to scoop that girl up in my arms and kiss her all over!
 
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment