Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Oh Fall, we meet again.

Pin It
It is sprinkling today. 
The air is crisp and I've lit a pumpkin candle for the first time this season. I even enjoyed a pumpkin latte today. It just felt right. 

If you know me at all, you know that my favorite time of year is fall. I long for it year round, I usually decorate on September 1st, I don't waste a day. 

I have a feeling this fall is going to bring many changes for our little family. 

I had an OB appointment today, Doc says he couldn't be happier with this pregnancy and that we have had some good growth! I was so happy to hear this because I feel like I am so small this time around and I was starting to worry if Knox was getting enough, if I was eating enough... I feel like I am keeping myself full, but then again I only weigh 158 lbs and I am 6 months pregnant (remember that I am 5'10"). I'm pretty sure I was at least at 170 by six months with Sofia. I was already in maternity jeans by this point last time, I have pictures to prove it. I'm still in my size 6 Gap skinny jeans AND wearing a belt. It is amazing how different two pregnancies can be, even two so close together.

I barely even notice that I am pregnant I feel so good. Then again I still have about a month of my second trimester left so I am right in the sweet spot. I will say that I am starting to have moments of discomfort and aches in my legs and back, but they are few and far between and nothing that I am not used to. 

Knox is a mover and a shaker. He doesn't stop. He barely sleeps and spends almost all of his time practicing mixed martial arts. His movements are so different than Sofia's were. Sofia was more fluid, she loved to drag her foot or hand across me in long sweeping motions as if she was performing some beautiful dance. Knox's movements are more quick-flinch with lots of jabbing and poking. His movements are very sporadic and impulsive.

Sofia is blossoming once again. I love when her brain explodes and man is it exploding! 

She is really interested in trucks, big diesel trucks. She will hear or see a truck and she will point and say "truck, broom broom." She does this with dogs too and other objects/noises she has saved to memory, but mostly with trucks. So much so that we let her pick out a new book on trucks recently, lets just say it has been a bedtime favorite. 

She now says "wata" in reference to her water or "baba" in reference to her water cup. She has gotten quite good at communicating using words. Today we came home for nap time and she kept saying "night night" which was her way of telling me that she was ready for her nap. She has also mastered the technique of pointing to what she wants or needs and she even grabbed me and pulled me over to show me something the other day. She knows eyes, nose, mouth, hair and teeth and she also knows what it means when I say its is "time to brush our teeth." She loves to brush her teeth. She has also been obeying very well lately which is such a relief after almost a month of reinforcing everything all day long. 

We are still praying for a home for our little growing family and we continue to pray for God's will in our life. It seems as though we are at such a turning point in this particular season of our life and maybe that is what I mean when I say that I feel like fall is going to bring so many changes. It is as if being parents to Sofia has been a transition from our past life into this new life and with Knox's arrival we will officially be rooted into this new little life of ours and we are so excited for that. 
I have to be honest, this is so much more than that ever was. Life is more vivid, more real, more difficult and yet more fulfilling, we wouldn't give this up for the world and we thank God for it every day.



 

 


Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment