Sunday, October 21, 2012

The Overwelming Urge to Nest

Pin It
So Knox will be here in two months (exactly) and I am in full nesting mode. Once I accepted the fact that we were going to have 2 under 2 in this tiny condo (hopefully not for too long, but that will be God's decision, not ours), I realized that we would have to make a lot of changes to make it work. 
 At first, the overwhelming urge to nest caused me to do some really stupid things (like move a dresser into the closet and move our bed against the wall all by my 30 week pregnant self AND while I was home alone with a toddler... WOW I'm stupid). I got yelled at by both my husband and two of my friends (rightfully so), but any woman who has ever been pregnant and suddenly felt the overwhelming urge to make things a certain way will know and understand that it really was out of my control.
I realize it was very stupid and I shouldn't have done it and I suffered from extreme exhaustion and terrible side cramps/spasms the entire next day and was laid up on the couch (by my husbands orders) and was very angry with myself for being so silly. I'm just not used to not being able to just push myself. I forget that my body really does have it's limits right now and I am fully aware now that I need to respect those limits (you would think I would have already realized that, given that this is my second pregnancy).
Fortunately for me, I have a very supportive and understanding husband (not to mention brother and sister-in-law). Nate and Meg came over and spent the entire day helping us (when I say us, I mean Wes) move furniture (which was not easy). It involved taking the crib apart  and putting it back together just to move it over one room (because of the tiny hallway and the bad angle) as well as taking Sofia's new bed apart to get it down the hallway and into her room. It also involved moving heavy furniture in (up the stairs) and moving unnecessary furniture out (down the stairs). This all of course has lead to having to re-organize the garage and the house (which was on my nesting list anyways). Wes took care of the garage and I am taking care of the house one step at a time. 
(At least Sofia's room is clean and finished, one down... haha) 
Anything that is unnecessary or hasn't been used in the two years that we have been here is either being packed away or disposed of, including clothing, shoes, books, kitchen items, linens etc.  
 
So our house is upside down, but in the last day it has already been turned 50% right side up (thanks to this cooler weather and some sort of divine inspiration/energy). I'm thinking the mission will be fully accomplished by the end of October (the heat sort of slammed on my breaks for about a week). Pictures (to redeem myself of course) to follow.
 
I think I can, I think I can, I think I can. 


 
 
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment