Thursday, February 21, 2013

2 Months

Pin It
I swear I was just pregnant and now I already forget what it feels like to be pregnant. That feels like so long ago, like a forgotten time, and yet it feels as though I blinked and now our beautiful son is 2 months old.

Knox had his 2 month well-baby check up today and the doctor said he looks great! Wes and I took a bet on how much he weighs, I bet 14 pounds and Wes bet 15.

He weighed in at 14 pounds, 7 ounces and is 24" long. His head is 16", I'm not surprised! He is in the 86th % for height and the 87th % for weight. It is funny to think that he is only two months old and he weighs almost half of what his sister weighs right now.

Obviously I won the bet, if I was smart I would have actually bet something. For some strange reason, I've always been really good at guessing my kids weight just on feeling.... I'm really not sure why. I've done nothing in my life that would give me that advantage.

Okay so enough with that nonsense, this little family is finally getting its footing! Knox is settled in on his 4 hour schedule, he is stretching his nights (phew!) and boy is he developing a little personality! He smiles constantly and he even giggled the other day! He has a sweet demeanor, but he is also very picky (I often say he is needy, but it could be both or either) -- he prefers sitting up to laying down, he will only take one (very hard to find) type of pacifier, he has to be swaddled to really be comfortable when sleeping and he always wants to be around his family, he doesn't like it when we walk out of the room, even for a moment. He's very social. He's VERY strong, already holding his head up. If you sit down and hold him around his mid section, he will use his legs to literally jump right out of your hands! He has great coordination and is already able to bring his hands to his face to suck on or to rub his eyes. He's so opposite of Sofia! Sofia hated being swaddled, she took forever to smile/react to us, she loved to just hang out by herself under her activity mat or in her swing. Her brain was always exploding, but it took a long while for her physical abilities to catch up.

I look forward to all of the differences, to seeing what type of little person he becomes. We are so in love with our little man cub and even more in love with how well Sofia has taken to him. She loves to love on him and cuddle him. She likes to pat his tummy and tickle his feet. She loves to give him big kisses and to lie down next to him. Her reaction to him has been pure love and a true blessing! She is protective of him and always wants to bring him his pacifier or blanket. I've even caught her singing to him! Sweet girl, she melts my heart!































Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment