Saturday, February 16, 2013

Dreams of a 2nd Birthday Surprise

Pin It
In less than 2 months, our sweet baby girl will be a whopping 2 years old. It doesn't seem crazy or fast or unbelievable, in fact, it seems just right. She's got the attitude, the spirit and the burgeoning independence of a two year old.... If you didn't know her, you would probably just assume she was already 2 and something. She's perfect in every way and sooooo very American. She honestly believes it is her God-given right to be independent, opinionated and rebellious. I can love this about her because I am an American mommy and lets just say the apple didn't fall too far from the tree. Anywhere else and they would probably imprison her cute, diapered rear end.

Actually, she listens very well and she is brilliant. The words are beginning to flow from her, she is starting to mimic entire sentences and repeat phrases. She goes over the alphabet with her Dad every night before bed and I can just see her little brain exploding. It is so much fun! In all honesty, I could care less what she is saying as long as I get to listen to her beautiful little voice say it all day long.

Okay so back to her birthday... we have a Mickey Mouse fan in the house (or should I say, clubhouse!)!!!! When Sofia was terribly sick at the beginning of January, we probably watched Mickey Mouse Clubhouse Road Rally 200 times. That little girl loves her some meeska, mooska, Mickey Mouse!! So I think we might just have to have a Minnie & Mickey birthday party!!

Also, I have been dreaming about making her a kitchen for over a year now and after searching Craigslist for months on end for the perfect old entertainment center for the right price, I finally found one! Wes and I are so excited to get started on this for her birthday present!





Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment