Thursday, March 14, 2013

Baby Steps Towards a New Normal

Pin It
Wes got a job! 
He started work on Monday. It seems like a promising company, but if I've learned anything in my life it is that only time will tell. We were really in search of a position for Wes that would allow him mobility, pay increases etc. He has never had a job that allowed this before, which in my eyes means he's never had a job that could be a career. We were in search of a career. In the past, we've found many "quick fix" jobs or "band-aid" jobs, jobs that benefited us for the moment, got us by for the moment, but we've come to a point in our lives where a band-aid just wouldn't do. 

This job could be a career. So far Wes has really liked everyone he works with, he's been taken to lunch and he's been paid for a whole day when he worked less (this to me, shows that this is a company that appreciates and respects their employees). From what we've been told, nobody leaves this company and many of the people he has met have been there over 25 years! It is a family owned company and a cash company (they don't use credit, they buy everything with cash, including new building etc) and they've been around for over 50 years. So everything looks great on paper, but whether or not this is God's plan for us only time will truly tell. 

Something amazing happened when Wes started work on Monday. I got through the day easily, happily, joyfully. I had a great time with the kids, I got a ton of stuff done and I felt "normal" for the first time in almost a year. I felt happy. 

I've felt that every day this week. It is as if order has been restored to my universe. I've felt overwhelming joy and gratitude towards my husband, I've been able to push myself to go above and beyond at home when for months I've felt constant exhaustion and anxiety and had a hard time just maintaining  the house, much less cooking and gardening and venturing out by myself. It's as if a fog has lifted for me and it is the best feeling in the world. I've been on my knees in prayer to this great God of ours, pleading for light and it seems like it has been months of anguish and suddenly in one giant swoop He put all of the pieces of my life into place. All I had to do was be patient and true. 

I see light and we are taking baby steps towards it. 


Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment