Friday, May 17, 2013

Allergy Update

Pin It
Well, it's been a while since Sofia's had a reaction, so we decided to test out her allergy. I gave her the smallest piece of cheese, I'm saying... The size of an Advil. At the time, she didn't seem to react. The next day I gave her a little more, about the size if a quarter. Again, no visible reaction. This morning I gave her about a teaspoon of yogurt.... No visible reaction.

But, before you get excited, let me tell you that hindsight is 20/20. Looking back over the last three days, I can tell you that she did indeed react. However, the three days have to be taken together to see the pattern (see how annoying food allergies can be?!).

All three days she has woken up from her nap extremely emotional. Hysterical even. Both nights following a day where she received dairy she woke up at 4am crying and had to be put back to sleep and then proceeded to wake up an hour early.

To add to it, the last two days she has had soft BMs and although faint, I am now noticing red patches on her cheeks.

So yes, our sweet girl is still allergic to dairy.

Darn!

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment