Thursday, May 9, 2013

Mastitis

Pin It
WHAT-itis? Lets just say... clogged milk duct, fever, aches, weakness, huge lump in breast... yay! Not.

Yes, we missed a feeding and yes, this was the very UN-FUN result.  

Things always happen to me on the weekends. But that's okay because I was able to handle it naturally... praise the Lord!

Of course, I had big plans this day and wasn't able to follow through on any of them because I could barely move my body (grateful as always, for a VERY helpful husband), but thankfully with lots of rest, hot compress, massage and breast feeding every 2 hours, I was able to remedy the problem. 

Did you know you can make an awesome hot compress one of two ways: A. using rice in a sock or a sewn case and heating in the microwave (stays hot for a good long time!) OR B. filling a disposable diaper with hot water! Both work VERY well!  

Thanks Kellymom.com for the awesome, natural, pro-breast feeding advice. I love this website for breast feeding related information. Just like anything, you have to weed through the opinions, but they do have great advice on handling breast feeding issues. 


Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment