Thursday, September 19, 2013

One of Those Days

Pin It
Today is one of those days. 
You know. 
The kind of day that just starts out hard and keeps on truckin' in the wrong direction. 
You forget about days like this, until they sneak up on you and bite you in the behind. 
Days like today are the kind of days where you need lots of encouragement, some big hugs and a big 'ol latte in your hand. 

Lets face it, every mom has a day (or multiple days) like this. Things happen. People affect you unintentionally. The kids are fussy for some unknown reason, falling and scraping themselves and then crying and clinging on for dear life, wanting more of you, the dishes are piling up, you can see the dirt on the floor, the laundry is thrown on the couch (at least its clean, that's something to be proud of), you have a list a mile long and on and on it goes. This is the life of a mom. 
The thing is, some days you are equipped to handle it and some days you aren't. 

Today, I may not be so well equipped. I remind myself that it is all in how I look at it (I just had this conversation with a client yesterday, how funny) that God will sustain me and I pray, I pray that the Lord will give me a happy heart, a loving heart, a determined heart. 

Suddenly, the kids go down for their naps and I close my eyes and collect my thoughts, I take in the silence and I focus. I rearrange my thoughts and I move into action. I change my frame of mind. This is where someone always says "easier said than done." But I don't believe that to be true. I believe you just do it, you do it until if feels normal. Someone said once that you don't fake it until you make it, you fake it until you become it. So get up, wash the dishes, sweep the floor, fold the laundry until suddenly the house feels better and you start to feel the motivation rise up inside of you and your mind starts to lighten and loosen and balance is restored..... at least until naps are over. :o) 

The life of a mom. 
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment