Saturday, January 4, 2014

Oceans

Pin It
This song has been alive in me. It has been apart of worship at our church for a while now, its become a favorite of mine. It is one of those songs that really moves my soul. A dear friend posted it earlier on facebook and I couldn't help but laugh because of the realization that I have felt so lost lately and here was that song again, that song that grounds me and moves me, that makes me feel like I might just know who I am. The music that used to move me doesn't move me, I haven't felt artistic or passionate. It's as if I don't know who I am anymore. She posted this and it hit me, this is a song that moves me, makes me feel alive, makes me feel emotion and artistic and true, makes me feel a connection to myself, to God. I realized, it is not that I don't know who I am in the sense that I have "lost" myself, instead it is that I don't know who I am because something has changed inside of me. God has worked so hard on me this last year and I feel different. I feel like a completely different person, I don't know this person, but I know that these changes are good. I feel a sense of excitement now, a sense of embrace, a sense of wanting to discover who I am, who I have become. This song was my first connection to this new person. I have a feeling this year will be full of discoveries.

"Oceans" 

You call me out upon the waters
The great unknown where feet may fail
And there I find You in the mystery
In oceans deep
My faith will stand

And I will call upon Your name
And keep my eyes above the waves
When oceans rise
My soul will rest in Your embrace
For I am Yours and You are mine

Your grace abounds in deepest waters
Your sovereign hand
Will be my guide
Where feet may fail and fear surrounds me
You've never failed and You won't start now

So I will call upon Your name
And keep my eyes above the waves
When oceans rise
My soul will rest in Your embrace
For I am Yours and You are mine

Spirit lead me where my trust is without borders
Let me walk upon the waters
Wherever You would call me
Take me deeper than my feet could ever wander
And my faith will be made stronger
In the presence of my Savior

I will call upon Your Name
Keep my eyes above the waves
My soul will rest in Your embrace
I am Yours and You are mine

Written by Matt Crocker, Joel Houston & Salomon Ligthelm
Pin It

1 comment: